FIVE BENEFITS OF HAVING PLANTS
BENEFITS OF INDOOR PLANTS
WHY ARE INDOOR PLANTS IMPORTANT?
There are countless reasons why adding to your indoor collection of greenery are in your best interest, starting with:
- IMPROVES YOUR HEALTH: Plants help increase the humidity in the air because they release moisture vapor (H2O) which reduces respiratory ailments tremendously. So if you have a cold, sore throat or cough, the presence of plants in your space may greatly reduce any symptoms. Certain plants release more oxygen during the day - which increases your oxygen intake.
- PURIFIES YOUR AIR: Because plants have this magical ability of removing toxins and impurities from the air - no really - NASA research studies have shown that plants absorb formaldehydes (which can be found in rugs, plywood, cigarettes, certain insulations etc), benzene (wall paint, furniture wax, detergents, plastics, etc.) and trichloroethylene (paints, wood finishes, paint removers, etc.) from the atmosphere. So plants basically reduce the amount of pollutants saturating your living space. The more plants - the better!
- PLANTS RAISE THE VIBRATIONAL ENERGY: Plants are amazing mood lifters. Greenery and nature has been proven to enhance your senses and overall feeling of wholeness and alignment. They bring us back to the feeling of belonging.
- PLANTS REDUCE CO2 IN THE AIR: Carbon Dioxide is a colorless gas that plants use to photosynthesize - basically their way of turning energy into food. So, they take in CO2 and release oxygen. Some do this during the day, and others at night (fore e.g. Snake Plants). It's obviously better to keep plants that produce oxygen at night in your bedroom as you sleep. Keep plants that produce O2 during the day in your work/day space. When there is too much CO2 in the air, people can suffer from respiratory ailments, basic cognitive issues or feel really groggy.
- PLANTS HELP BOOST CREATIVITY: Since Plants help lift your spirits, it's only natural that they boost your creative side too. Plants with broad leaves have a tendency to get those creative juices bubbling and running over. Plants help you feel more relaxed and in your element, so they open up a doorway of ingenuity.
Now you have a better idea why indoor plants are really good for your space, why not check out our indoor plant collection?
If that hasn't convinced you, you can check out this cool video from "Natural Ways":